Preferred tubing dates full? Sign up for our waitlist!
- Most popular!
MOUNTAIN TUBING ADVENTURE
Duration: 3 hours
Age Minimum: 5 years or older
Weight Limit: 300 pounds maximum
Height Minimum: Must be at least 43 inches tall
Included: Delicious lunch and cold water
Weather: Unless extreme weather prohibits, tours go out rain or shine
- Rider (ages 5+)
KAUAI’S ONLY TUBING ADVENTURE ACTIVITY!
Hop in one of our four-wheel-drive vehicles and traverse the former Lihue Plantation lands as we ride deep into Kauai’s pristine emerald green interior, where your exclusive tubing adventure begins! Start off by enjoying breathtaking vistas of Mt. Wai’ale’ale, deemed one of the wettest spots in the world and the second highest point on the island of Kaua’i. Witness her spectacular waterfalls before arriving at our launch site, where you will grab a tube, don a headlamp, and jump in the gently flowing waters.
Witness Kauai’s spectacular, historic engineering feats as you float down the open canals and through five amazing tunnels and flumes engineered and hand-dug circa 1870. Enjoy the wonder and magic of each tunnel illuminated by your headlamp. At the end of your adventure, you are guided to an enchanted picnic area for a delicious lunch and a cool dip in a natural swimming hole. There’s no better way to experience the Kaua’i mountains!
THE MOUNTAIN TUBING ADVENTURE IS A UNIQUE AND MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY!
This tubing adventure is perfect for people ages 5 and over and in generally good physical condition. The gently flowing waters, beautiful scenery, flumes, and tunnels create a relaxing, fun, and fascinating experience. And when we say we are unique, we mean it! This is the only tubing activity of this type on Kaua’i, and we are the only eco-tour company with access to these 17,000 acres of former plantation lands.
The historic Lihue Plantation ditch and tunnel system that once irrigated vast sugar crops had been unused since sugar was taken out of production in 2000. In January 2003, Kaua’i Backcountry opened a section for exclusive tubing tours. This water system runs through some of the most beautiful and remote lands on the island. It includes spectacular views of the ocean, coastline, mountains, and valleys. The waters that originate near the top of Mount Wai’ale’ale, one of the wettest spots in the world, are channeled through ditches and tunnels hand-dug by plantation workers over a century ago!
If you want to get off the beaten track, don’t miss this exclusive tubing tour. From start to finish, we take you on an amazing, fun-filled journey that you’re not likely to forget. Our customers tell us time and time again that our tours were the highlight of their vacation and often return for more of our tropical adventures.
- Secured water friendly shoes required, NO FLIP FLOPS (rental shoes available)
- Swimsuit or clothing that can get wet
- Towel and a dry change of clothing
- REEF SAFE Sunscreen (Help us protect our precious Ocean!)
- Hat (recommended but not required)
- Bug repellent
- Headlamps & gloves
- Delicious lunch and water (two hours into the tour)
- Hand sanitizer
- All guests are weighed at check-in. Those outside the 300 pound range are not able to participate.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is not recommended for those with back, hip, or knee problems.
- Women up to the second trimester of pregnancy may participate with written physical approval.
- Groups of 1-5 guests: 24-hour cancellation or change policy
- Groups of 6-9 guests: 72-hour cancellation or change policy
- Groups of 10-14 guests: one-week cancellation or change policy with a one-week prepayment paid in full
- Groups of 15 or more guests: two-week cancellation or change policy with a two-week prepayment paid in full